Get your keto on with this delicious, easy-to-prepare, one-dish meal, featuring seasonal vegetables baked with sliced pork sausage and topped with melted mozzarella cheese.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
● 1 red onion
● 1 zucchini, ends trimmed
● 1 yellow squash, ends trimmed
● 1 orange bell pepper
● 1 red bell pepper
● 1 pound green beans, trimmed
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● Salt and pepper
● 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced and divided
● 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped and divided
● 1 pound pork sausage, in casings, sliced
● 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut red onion into large slices and place in a large bowl. Dice
zucchini, squash and bell peppers into 1-1/2” pieces and add to bowl.
Add green beans and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon each of basil
and parsley. Stir to combine.
Pour vegetables onto a greased 9x13” baking pan. Nestle sausage slices in between
vegetables and top with grated mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are lightly
browned. Top with remaining herbs and serve.