Saddle up to this delicious, low-carb Mediterranean meal: lean grilled skirt steak over a bed of crunchy romaine lettuce topped with red onion slices, cherry tomatoes, spicy peppers and feta cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
● 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
● 1 pound skirt steak
● 6 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
● 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
● 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
● 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
● 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
● 1 cup cucumber, diced
● 4 pepperoncini, thinly sliced
● 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Season
steak with salt and pepper and place in the middle of the skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per
side until well browned and desired doneness is reached.
Remove steak to a plate and let rest for 3 minutes. Slice into strips and set aside.
Place lettuce in a large bowl and add onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and pepperoncini.
Toss with lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
Use tongs to divide salad onto 4 serving plates. Top with steak slices and feta cheese