Whether you’re hosting or attending a party for the big game, this Keto-friendly, protein-packed dip is sure to score points with your crowd! Keep your carbs low by dipping crunchy veggies like celery stalks, cauliflower florets, or carrot sticks. Filling up on protein will also help your cravings stay under control. This Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the fridge for several days. Simply prepare through the stovetop step two, refrigerate, and then resume back to step three on the day of your event.
Keto-Friendly Buffalo Chicken Dip
Servings: 12-15, ½ cup servings
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories: 258 / Fat: 18g / Protein: 20g / Carbs: 3g
● 3 cups shredded chicken
● 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
● 30 oz plain greek yogurt (not vanilla)
● 30 oz blue cheese or ranch dressing (avoid added sugars)
● One cup of Frank’s Red Hot or similar hot sauce (can adjust to taste)
● One teaspoon of ground pepper
● One teaspoon of garlic powder
● Two cups shredded melting cheese (mozzarella and cheddar make a good mix)
● ½ cup chopped green onion
Directions - Stovetop/Oven
- Set up a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the softened cream cheese, salad dressing, Greek yogurt, hot sauce, ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir constantly until cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add your chicken, half of the green onions, and half of the shredded cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Cook (or bake at 350 degrees) for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is melted and bubbling.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese and green onion and allow to melt.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese. Serve hot!
Directions - Crockpot/Slow-Cooker
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker container and cook on low for 2-3 hours, or on high for 45 minutes to one hour.
- When hot and bubbling, stir the Keto crockpot buffalo chicken dip completely and serve.
Is buffalo dip Keto?
Yes! Buffalo dip is a fantastic Keto friendly appetizer choice. Pair with your favorite Keto friendly crunchy veggies for a fabulous pre-game snack. If you need a refresher, save our Keto Diet for Beginners guide.
What do you eat buffalo chicken dip with?
Serve your Keto-friendly buffalo chicken dip with low carb tortillas, Keto chips, or a variety of crunchy vegetables including carrots, celery, broccoli, or cauliflower. Want to get more creative? Our Keto Grocery List might give you some ideas for great dip pairings and options. If you’ll be serving this to a crowd, you can also take a look at our Guide to Understanding Keto versus Low Carb diets, in case you’ve got a variety of preferences to accommodate.
Why is my buffalo chicken dip greasy?
Buffalo chicken dip becomes greasy when the ingredients have separated or were not fully combined, to begin with. Overcooking can also lead to a greasy dip. Solve this problem by thoroughly combining the mixture and warming it on a low heat.
How long does buffalo chicken dip last in the fridge?
Depending on the freshness of your ingredients, Keto-friendly buffalo chicken dip should last between three to five days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip after cooking?
Keto-friendly buffalo chicken dip can be prepared and frozen to be baked at a later time. If you would like to freeze the dip, prepare the dip by following the directions up until the point of baking. Place the dip in a bowl with a sealable lid. Secure the lid and store in the freezer for one to three months. Before baking, let the dip thaw in the refrigerator overnight.